In this Issue:
- Tax refunds on charitable donations;
- Order your 2019/20 Entertainment book now;
- World Asthma Day 2019 ;
- Important reminders for people with asthma;
- Community Energy Action home insulation subsidies;
- 2019 Flu vaccinations—get yours now;
- How you and your family can benefit if you are smokefree;
- World Smokefree Day 2019;
- Health Professionals’ Corner — upcoming Education opportunities;
- Better Breathing Coffee Group – a big thank you.
2019/20 Entertainment book both printed and digital are available now
Hello Honey Fundraiser – locally produced honey available at the CanBreathe offices at 196 Hills Road, Christchurch
Upcoming public events:
World Asthma Day – Tuesday 7th May 2019
World Smokefree Day – Friday 31st May 2019
Date: Saturday 16th March, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Venue: Red Zone Dallington, Cnr New Brighton Road and Locksley Ave.
Dates: Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th June 2019 9am to 4pm
Venue: Pioneer Stadium, Christchurch
Dates: Thursday 15th & Friday 16th August.
Wednesday 14th August (Nurse & Trainee Day)
Venue: The Heritage Hotel, Queenstown.
Online registrations open 19th March 2019
Early bird registrations close 7th July 2019
Better Breathing Coffee Group – regular sessions
New Brighton Group —Tuesday 10:30 – 11.30am
St Andrew’s Anglican Church, 109 Marriotts Road.
Contact: Taihira (03) 389 6728
Edgeware Group — Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 – 11.30am
CanBreathe rooms, 196 Hills Road
Contact: Pauline (03) 381 0547
Phillipstown Group — Monday 10:00 – 11:30
Exercise from 10 to 10.30 then Coffee, Chat, bikkies
Guest Speakers from 10.30 to 11.30.
Phillipstown Hub. Room 4.
CanBreathe Whoosh Newsletter Autumn 2019