In this Issue:
- Hay fever/Allergic Rhinitis—what is the cause and tips on how to manage it;
- Canterbury Respiratory Research Group—looking for volunteers for upcoming studies;
- New Insulation subsidies for homeowners
- Make improving respiratory health your New Year’s resolution;
- Have you got the Asthma App?
- After hours health services;
- Health Professionals’ Corner — upcoming Education opportunities;
- Better Breathing Coffee Group – a big thank you.
Attention Special Notice: Change of CanBreathe’s Postal address. Please note CanBreathe will no longer be using a PO Box and the postal address will now be the same as our street address— 196 Hills Road, Edgeware, Christchurch 8013. Please update your records accordingly.
Upcoming public events:
When: Saturday 1st December 2018—9.30 to 4pm,
Where—Wainoni Park – Hampshire Street, Aranui
Asthma & COPD Fundamentals Online Modules and Masterclass
CanBreathe is the provider of the Masterclass for Canterbury and have reserved Monday 11th March for the first class in 2019.
Better Breathing Coffee Group – regular sessions
New Brighton Group —Tuesday 10:30 – 11.30am
St Andrew’s Anglican Church, 109 Marriotts Road.
Contact: Taihira (03) 389 6728
Edgeware Group — Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 – 11.30am
CanBreathe rooms, 196 Hills Road
Contact: Pauline (03) 381 0547
Phillipstown Group — Monday 10:00 – 11:30
Exercise from 10 to 10.30 then Coffee, Chat, bikkies
Guest Speakers from 10.30 to 11.30.
Phillipstown Hub. Room 4.
2018 Dates: 22-23 November 2018, Auckland
South Island Respiratory Education Forum (SIREF) 2019
Dates: Thursday 14th and Friday 15th February 2019
Venue: The George, Christchurch
2018/19 Entertainment book both printed and digital are available now
Hello Honey Fundraiser – locally produced honey
CanBreathe Whoosh Newsletter Summer 2018