We provide support, education and resources
for Cantabrians with asthma and other respiratory conditions
Welcome, Haere Mai, Kia Ora
The Canterbury Asthma Society Incorporated (trading as CanBreathe) is a not-for-profit organisation providing services and support throughout the Canterbury region.
Our registered nurses provide education, support and advice to individuals and families / whanau affected by asthma, COPD or other respiratory conditions.
We help improve the quality of life for people with asthma and related diseases throughout the Canterbury area by providing a range of services to our members and the wider community
- Individual consultations to improve the management of your asthma or COPD (at our place or yours)
- Education about medications, inhalers and spacers
- Telephone advice
- Quit smoking support and subsidised nicotine replacement therapy
- Breathing tests to test lung function
- Resources for people and those supporting others with asthma and COPD
- Asthma education session to staff and parents at schools and preschools
- Information sessions to community groups
- Education and updates for health professionals in the latest asthma and COPD management (part charge may apply)
- Quarterly Newsletter with helpful information and advice as well as details of upcoming events
- Nebuliser hire and sales service
- Filters and giving sets for nebulisers
- Dust mite allergy bedding protection sales
1 in 7 school children in New Zealand are prescribed medication for asthma
15% of Kiwis over 45 years old have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, that's over 200,000 people in NZ
People Die from Asthma
At least 50 people each year in New Zealand die from asthma, some of them at school.
SIREF Annual Educational Event February 2018
When: Thursday 15th and Friday 16th February 2018
Where: The George, 50 Park Terrace, Christchurch
- Environmental Scientist
- COPD Education on the Marae
- Breathing Pattern Disorder
- Lung Transplant
- Respiratory Research update
and much more ...
The South Island Respiratory Educators’ Forum (SIREF) is an annual educational event for nurses and allied health professionals with an interest in respiratory health.
For further information or to register your interest contact:
Phone: (03) 386-0278
Fax: (03) 386-0657
Email - email@example.com